Visiting the Library Safely
In order to keep everyone safe, we have a few guidelines in place for visiting the library safely:
- Wear A Mask: Everyone is required to wear a mask properly (covering both your nose & your mouth) at all times while in the building
- Hand Sanitize: We have hand sanitizer available at all service desks. We ask that you sanitize before interacting with library surfaces (browsing the books, using the computer, etc.)
- Feeling Unwell? Please stay home if you or someone in your household/bubble are not feeling well. We are happy to assist you over the phone!
- Returning Materials? Please return all items in our outside drive-up book (and a/v) returns. Inside book drop closed.
Library Operational Hours:
- Monday through Friday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Closed on Sundays
- Monday through Friday: 11:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 1:30pm
- Closed on Sundays
Computers are available during Library Operational Hours, but automatically shut down 15-minutes before closing.
Virtual Services are available during Library Operational Hours.
- Grab & Go Browsing: Our bookshelves are open for grab & go browsing so you can find what you’re looking for!
- Tables & Seating: Tables & Seating are open for use! If you’d like a wipe to disinfect before use, please see a service desk!
- Computers: All Computers are available for 30-minute or 1-hour sessions
- Patrons may request a complementary Guest Pass if they do not have a Richton Park Library Card
- Patrons can request a set of protective coverings for the mouse & keyboards
- Computers automatically shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
- The first 10 pages of black & white printing are complementary and are eligible for curbside services
- All pages after the first 10 will be charged at our regular rate of $0.15 per page
- Self-Service print release is available
- Copying: Our copier machine is available for self-service copying
- All copies will be paid through the coin tower located next to the copy machine – exact change only (the coin tower only accepts $1, $0.25, $0.10, and $0.05)
- Faxing: Our self-serve Fax Machine (provided through Fax24) is available. You can use a credit card with the machine or buy a fax card with cash from our Circulation Desk.
- Manage Your Account: Our Circulation Department will help you with updating your account information, replacing lost cards, registering for a new library card, paying fees & fines (via credit card), and checking what materials are currently out on your card. Do you need assistance with your account and it isn’t listed? Just ask!
- Curbside Services: Curbside pick-up of materials, kits, and prints still remains available by request only. Please call in advance so that we can have everything ready when you arrive.
- Virtual Services: Our Digital Reference Services are still available on our Ask-A-Librarian page & our eLibrary is always available!
These are a few of the service changes we’ve made due to the pandemic:
- Fines Free Checkout: The library will be fines free through August 31st, 2021. This means that no fines will be charged for overdue items during this time. Items will still be billed if they are over 2 weeks overdue.
- Payment Options: The library is now accepting cash payments. Patrons can also pay by credit card at the Circulation Desk, through the online catalog, or SWAN Libraries App. Coin towers are available for exact change only transactions for prints & copies.
- Material Quarantine: Items being returned are no longer being quarantined. Inside book returns are still closed, please return all items through our outdoor drive-up returns.
Thank you again for your patience and support this past year!