Welcome Back, Richton Park! We're Open!
Thank you for your patience and support this past year (and what a year it has been)!
Visiting the Library Safely
In order to keep everyone safe, we have a few guidelines in place for visiting the library safely:
- Wear A Mask: Everyone is required to wear a mask properly (covering both your nose & your mouth) at all times while in the building
- Hand Sanitize: We have hand sanitizer available at all service desks. We ask that you sanitize before interacting with library surfaces (browsing the books, using the computer, etc.)
- 1-Hour Limit: Please limit your visit to 1-hour or less
- Social Distancing: Please keep 6ft social distance wherever possible
- Limited Capacity: We are limited to 50 patrons in the building at a time. If we are at capacity, you may be asked to wait outside until others have left
- Feeling Unwell? Please stay home if you or someone in your household/bubble are not feeling well. We are happy to assist you over the phone!
- Returning Materials? Please return all items in our outside drive-up book (and a/v) returns so that they can be quarantined. Inside book drop closed.
Library Operational Hours:
Monday through Friday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Closed on Sundays
Monday through Friday: 11:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 1:30pm
Closed on Sundays
Computers are available during Library Operational Hours, but automatically shut down 15-minutes before closing.
Virtual Services are available during Library Operational Hours.
- Grab & Go Browsing: Our bookshelves are open for grab & go browsing so you can find what you're looking for!
- NOTE: Please deposit any unwanted materials in designated bins on the floor - these are not book returns, items that were checked out and need to be returned should still be returned in the outside drive-up returns!
- Computers: Our Adult Computers are available for 30-minute or 1-hour sessions
- Patrons may request a complementary Guest Pass if they do not have a Richton Park Library Card
- Computers have protective coverings on the mouse & keyboards that are removed and/or sanitized between uses. Please do not remove protective coverings.
- Computer sessions will not be extended past the 1-hour limit
- Computers automatically shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
- The first 10 pages of black & white printing are complementary and are eligible for curbside services
- All pages after the first 10 will be charged at our regular rate of $0.15 per page
- All prints will be paid through the coin tower located next to the Adult Services Print Release station - exact change only (the coin tower only accepts $1, $0.25, $0.10, and $0.05)
- Color printing is not available at this time
- Copying: Our copier machine is available for self-service copying
- All copies will be paid through the coin tower located next to the copy machine - exact change only (the coin tower only accepts $1, $0.25, $0.10, and $0.05)
- Faxing: Our self-serve Fax Machine (provided through Fax24) is available for credit card use only
- Manage Your Account: Our Circulation Department will help you with updating your account information, replacing lost cards, registering for a new library card, paying fees & fines (via credit card), and checking what materials are currently out on your card. Do you need assistance with your account and it isn't listed? Just ask!
- Curbside Services: Curbside pick-up of materials, kits, and prints still remains available by request only. Please call in advance so that we can have everything ready for when you arrive.
- Virtual Services: Our Digital Reference Services are still available on our Ask-A-Librarian page & our eLibrary is always available!
These are a few of the service changes we've made due to the pandemic:
- Fines Free Checkout: The library will be fines free through May 31st, 2021. This means that no fines will be charged for overdue items during this time. Items will still be billed if they are over 2 weeks overdue.
- Payment Options: Library staff is not handling cash at this time. Patrons can make online payments by credit card through the online catalog or SWAN Libraries App. We can also process credit card payments at the Circulation Desk. Coin towers are available for exact change only transactions for prints & copies.
- Material Quarantine: All items that are received by the library are required to go through a mandatory 7-day quarantine. This affects both materials that are being returned and materials arriving for Interlibrary Loan Requests. Returned items may remain listed on your account for up to 10 days after you have returned them to the library. If you have returned items still on your account after 10 days, please contact us so we can look into it.
Thank you again for your patience and support this past year!