Visit our "Visit the Library: Safety Guidelines" Page to learn more about mask requirements & safety protocols when visiting the library.
- Materials Browsing: Our bookshelves are open for grab & go browsing so you can find what you're looking for!
- Tables & Seating: Tables & Seating are open for use! If you'd like a wipe to disinfect before use, please see a service desk!
- Computers: All Computers are available for 30-minute or 1-hour sessions
- Patrons may request a complementary Guest Pass if they do not have a Richton Park Library Card
- Patrons can request a set of protective coverings for the mouse & keyboards
- Computers automatically shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
- The first 10 pages of black & white printing are complementary and are eligible for curbside services
- All pages after the first 10 will be charged at our regular rate of $0.15 per page
- Self-Service print release is available
- Copying: Our copier machine is available for self-service copying
- All copies will be paid through the coin tower located next to the copy machine - exact change only (the coin tower only accepts $1, $0.25, $0.10, and $0.05)
- Faxing: Our self-serve Fax Machine (provided through Fax24) is available. You can use a credit card with the machine or buy a fax card with cash from our Circulation Desk.
- Manage Your Account: Our Circulation Department will help you with updating your account information, replacing lost cards, registering for a new library card, paying fees & fines (via credit card), and checking what materials are currently out on your card. Do you need assistance with your account and it isn't listed? Just ask!
- Curbside Services: Curbside pick-up of materials, kits, and prints still remains available by request only. Please call in advance so that we can have everything ready when you arrive.
- Virtual Services: Our Digital Reference Services are still available on our Ask-A-Librarian page & our eLibrary is always available!
These are a few of the service changes we've made due to the pandemic:
- Fines Free Checkout: The library is now permanently fines free. This means that no fines will be charged for overdue items during this time. Items that are not returned within 14 days of being due will cause your library card to be blocked. Items will still be billed if they are over 42 days overdue.
- Pay for Prints with Credit Card: The library is now accepting credit card payments for computer prints over $2.00, you will have to go to the Adult Reference Desk to pay for these prints.
- Indoor Book Returns Open: You can now return your items using our indoor book returns!
- Meeting & Study Rooms: The Meeting Room & Study Rooms are still unavailable.
Thank you again for your patience and support this past year!